Thursday, June 29, 2006

My First Music Post





I'm feeling a little agitated. My music is not in one particular locale. I meant it to be but somehow, it seems to have categorized itself. But I don't know the categories. i'm dusty from looking in a crate under my bed. didn't i already upload these CD's? where the expletive are these damn songs?

I pretty much knew what I was going to post. Just 3 songs, that's all. But oh what a long strange trip it has been. I had to go down to the kitchen to get another vodka tonic, just to deal. and even now, i have located the songs, yet ez archive is really getting the better of me. how i hate not knowing what i'm doing. colin knows what he's doing. as does fil. and emilie does not. colin often gripes about work, gym, nick hornby, etc. but no he has no trouble with music posts. but, i've decided, i will post music tomorrow. and it will be wonderful. and then i too will have trouble with work, gym and nick hornby but not posting music. this feels momentous.

3 Comments:

Blogger FiL said...

Ah, but Galateaa, I started out with no clue as to what I was doing. I'd wager Dear Colin trod the same path...

I found EZarchive is rather intuitive, once you get acquainted. But you do need to get acquainted. And periodically it falls over. Nothing personal, it's just like that. But then it gets back up.

To echo Colin, happy to help out or act as a sounding board on matters bloggish. Truth be told I'm still a neophyte (only blogging for three months? Seems like an eternity!) but one picks up a lot fairly quickly.

But most importantly, standing on the threshold of your first music post! How exciting!! Without wishing to sound to paternalistic or even too avuncular, I remember my first post. What to choose? Will anybody listen? Will anybody like?? The first question I'll leave to you to answer, but as for the second two, allow me: yes, and I'm certain of it.

I look forward to your musical debut!

FiL

5:00 AM  
Blogger galateaa said...

thanks you two. problem is, colin's tomorrow is not the same as my tomorrow. but it's 10:10 here and it's still today (last night's tomorrow) so i've made it, just under the wire. i've posted music. yes yes yes.

10:16 PM  
Blogger galateaa said...

that's funny. just noticed colin posted a track called hold on 4 hours ago. i read his post after i posted. guess we're all trying to just hold on.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home