Friday, August 18, 2006

City Mouse (Mice, ick) or Country House





I'm sure I'm not alone in my most current dillema. When I'm in the country, I want the city, when I'm the city, I want the country. I recognize that to even have a place in the country where I can stay, catch my breath, look at the stars, laze in a hammock, is certainly a thing of beauty. But sometimes, in the country, I find myself saying things like, "is it cardamom you need? in Philly, bucketloads of cardamom! the perfect little black dress/pint of belgian beer/tapas? no problem. just around the corner. in the country, it's another story. but then again, while walking around the corner in the city, there are city issues lurking: heat, crazy neighbor lady rose, heat, big strollers/gangs of south street teenagers taking up entire sidewalk, heat, sirens, trash, yuck. i think i might be able to do without cardomom for a week. as long as i have wine, a cute bikini, internet access, my ipod . . . and if i can be the type of country girl primal scream sings about.


Spacemen 3 - Big City
Regina Spektor - Summer in the City
David Bowie-It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City
Primal Scream - Country Girl
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - By the Skin of my Yellow Country Teeth

1 Comments:

Blogger FiL said...

Ah, the dilemma of never being quite happy where one is...

Indeed, being without cardamom is a hardship. This wonderful company makes a delightful dark chocolate bar with that divine spice. There's not much I wouldn't do to get hold of one right now...

Am clapping my hands and saying "Yeah" as I type...

FiL

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home